top of page
Study permit (Study in canada)

Come to Study in Canada

A foreign (or international) student in Canada is part of a prescribed class of persons who are issued study permits authorizing them to engage in studies in Canada.

Most individuals who have completed a study program in Canada and then secure a post-graduate work permit (PGWP) are eligible for permanent residence.

​Education is a provincial/territorial jurisdiction and provinces/territories are responsible for regulating education in Canada. It is, therefore, the responsibility of students to enquire about the quality of the schools in which they intend to enroll.

If you want to be able to apply for a PGWP following the completion of your studies, it is vital that you choose the university or college you are going to attend carefully. Not all Designated Learning Institutions (DLI) or schools are eligible for the PGWP.


An individual who attends a private post-secondary institution that is not eligible for a PGWP, not only will he or she not be eligible for a work permit after he or she graduates, his or her accompanying spouse will not be able to get an open work permit either.​

If you would like to explore the possibility of coming (or bringing someone) to study in Canada, contact us today for an Initial Consultation by completing the form below .

bottom of page