top of page

Replace an Immigration Document

An Immigration document is an official document issued by an IRCC or Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) office, Case Processing Centre (CPC) or Canadian visa office outside Canada. If this document is stolen, lost, damaged, misplaced, etc., You need apply for a replacement.

Some immigration documents you can replace are:

  • Immigrant visa and record of landing (IMM 1000)

  • Confirmation of permanent residence (IMM 5292)

  • Permanent resident card

  • visitor record

  • work permit

  • study permit or

  • temporary resident permit

When requesting a replacement of a current and valid temporary resident document if it is lost or stolen, you must provide the police report number proving that your current and valid temporary resident document has been lost or stolen.

In case your document was issued within the past 75 years, you can contact IRCC. If it is 76 years ago or more, you can contact the Canadian Genealogy Centre Library and Archives Canada for further instructions on how to obtain verification of your document.

bottom of page